Monday, February 11, 2013

What A Great Weekend

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend and survived Nemo! I hate to say it, but it was beautiful here this weekend besides a little rain. My boyfriend and I spent a lot of time outside enjoying the warm weather. We had a great weekend, and found a few new favorites in Dallas.
Enjoying this Texas weather
My boyfriend and I love watching Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on the Food Network Channel with Guy Fieri, especially when there is nothing else on. We were watching a rerun this past week, and realized one of the restaurants we've been wanting to go to was only 12 miles from our house! Right then and there we made plans to go to Afrah on Friday night for dinner. I love Mediterranean food, and have been DYING to try chicken shawarma! If you've never heard or tried it before, it's chicken that roasts on a spinning wheel where they slice off small pieces to make each piece crispy and delicious. My meal came with hummus, rice, and pitas as well (all my favorites). My boyfriend had the beef shawarma with rice and french fries (how American), and he loved it as well. Each plate was about $14 and well worth the money. I am super picky about meat, but I fell in love with shawarma! You need to try it out! Seriously, if I like it then you know it's that good! Guy Fieri definitely knew what he was doing when he went to Afrah. They have a lunch buffet every weekday, and I can't wait to go back to eat unlimited shawarma, pitas, and hummus! 
Afrah was amazing!
Mediterranean is one of my favorites 
What we came for, Chicken Shawarma! 
Guy Fieri signed picture
What I dream about...
My boyfriend and I both love music, and he has really been wanting to take me to a piano bar. When I picture a piano bar, I think of classy people all dressed up, drinking wine, and listening to classical music. WRONG! On Saturday night we went to Pete's Dueling Piano Bar and had the best night in Texas so far! We called ahead of time to ask some questions and were able to reserve a spot at the bar. If you decide to go I definitely recommend making reservations otherwise you are going to be standing for five hours. When we first arrived, the place was filled with mostly bachelorette parties and birthday parties. I was beginning to understand this is not your typical piano bar. At 8:00 when the show started and a girl was already thrown out for throwing up, it was CLEAR Pete's Dueling Piano Bar is not your typical piano bar. Pete's is all about fun and singing loud. The musicians played songs strictly off request (with a little tip of course). They played anything from Snoop Dogg to Journey. With every song they played, the crowd got rowdier and rowdier. By 10:00 people were beginning to get sloppy. I spent my entire Senior year of college living in the bar, and can honestly say, I don't think I've ever seen anyone throw up right on the floor of the bar. This may because I went to Penn State, one of the greatest party schools of all time, but daymnnnn girls down here DO NOT know how to hold their alcohol. I literally watched three girls throw up right in front of me (no seriously like two feet away from me). Around 12:30 people were way too drunk and we decided we had enough fun, it was time to leave. My voice is still hoarse from screaming song lyrics all night long. I had so much fun, and Pete's definitely knows how to have a good time. Admission was $10 a person and drinks were reasonably priced. I honestly can't wait to go back again! Pete's has a few locations in Texas, and I highly recommend you check them out if you are ever in the area. You won't regret it! http://www.petesduelingpianobar.com


I've been bad, I been good, Dallas Texas, Hollywood
Piano bar, literally   
They were great
Yea... not your typical Piano Bar
Four person band
Just a little rap
Keytar 
Even a violin 
Just a side note... I mentioned before, but if you are ever moving NEVER ever ever use Uhaul's UBox service. We have been waiting for our storage unit to be delivered to our house for the past few weeks. Our box is in Dallas, but they won't deliver it to our house because they said we still have to pay an additional delivery fee which we were told we already paid everything. Over the last month, we have spent over eight hours on the phone with Uhaul trying to get straight information, but everyone has a different story. There is no uniformity throughout their stores. They have jerked us around too many times. One store says you have paid everything, and another says you still owe money. We are moving five more times in the next two years, and we will NEVER use Uhaul again. Sorry for the rant, but seriously they suck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment