Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope everyone had a special Valentine's Day weekend and got to celebrate with all your loved ones. My boyfriend and I decided to celebrate on Saturday since he had work on Thursday night. I did try to make the actual day extra special by making my hubby dinner and dessert. I take pride in trying to be a domestic goddess, as I like to say, and treat my man like a King because he treats me like the princess I am. 
As far as our Valentine's dinner date, we went to a great restaurant in Uptown Dallas near SMU on Saturday night. We heard great reviews for Villa-O and were excited to try it out for ourselves. They serve Italian food with an atmosphere as though you are on a cruise ship. I've been on four cruises and absolutely love the dining experience that comes with a cruise ship. Villa-O definitely made me feel like I was dining on the ocean with just me and my baby. I ordered the eggplant parm since it is one of my favorites. The menu said it was a secret family recipe, so I couldn't resist. It came out and I actually thought it was lasagna at first. Instead of noodles separating each layer, it was breaded eggplant. I've never seen eggplant parm prepared this way. It was very delicious. My boyfriend ordered the branzino which is a type of sea bass. It came with a lemon garlic sauce that was to die for! We were very happy with our meals so we had to order dessert (it was Valentine's Day after all). We ordered the white chocolate tiramisu, and it was dripping with expresso amazingness! Our overall bill was around $60 which is much less than what we were thinking it would come out to be. For the quality of food and the great service, I would have expected to pay much more. Valet parking was $5 which again is not too bad in my opinion. Overall, I had a great Valentine's date night with my baby and enjoyed trying out another new restaurant. 
Everything is open including the kitchen  
Villa-O Menu
Feels like you're on a boat
My delicious eggplant parm
Branzino   
Our amazing dessert
Perfect way to spend Valentine's Day
Last week we also FINALLY received our storage unit after many fights with Uhaul. The customer service down South is ridiculously better than up North. The manager of the store down here actually hand delivered our box since we were so unhappy. Now that we have our things, and we've unloaded the box, I will be looking for another moving company for the next time we move. Everything is finally put away and our new apartment here is really starting to feel like home. I'll be adding some new pictures of how things look now that we've actually moved in. 
It's finally here!
A little side note... I just wanted to say how proud I am of my alma mater, Penn State and THON for raising over 12.3 million dollars for the fight against pediatric cancer this weekend. If you've never heard of THON, I encourage you to check out their website at http://www.thon.org THON is the largest student run philanthropy in the WORLD! Now you see why us Penn Staters are so proud! Since 1977, THON has raised over 100 million dollars benefiting the Four Diamonds Fund at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital. What did your school do this weekend?! Congrats to all those who were involved on this great achievement! 
FTK!
How crazy is this?!

No comments:

Post a Comment