Monday, March 24, 2014

Settling in to Paradise

Hello again from sunny California,
I hope everyone is enjoying the weather now that is officially Spring. We have been loving this California weather. It never gets colder than 60 or hotter than 85. I think I could get used to this. I can't believe we have officially been living in California for 3 weeks now. I have to say we have been spending most of our free time shopping for a new car for me. After spending over $1,000 to ship my car from Dallas to LA, something happened in the shipping process that caused my car to not drive correctly. I am fighting with the shipping company's insurance right now to file a claim. Lesson learned, if you ever ship your car, make sure the shipping company has insurance that covers not only cosmetic issues (dents & scratches) but also mechanical issues. I will keep that in mind when we move again in about 5 months. On the weekends, instead of enjoying beautiful California, we were busy doing our research and test driving cars. The good news is my boyfriend and I finally bought my new car on Thursday night (at about 11:30PM), so now we can get back to our amazing life here in the OC!
Best anniversary present ever! Thank you baby
I'm obsessed. Zoom Zoom
Meet Skyla… yes she has a name!
I'm the luckiest girl :)
We did take a little time away from car shopping to explore our new home. Here are some of the fun things we've done over the last three weeks. Today is officially my boyfriend and mine 3 year anniversary, so we spent all day Saturday celebrating. It was so amazing that I have to dedicate an entire blog post to tell you all about it. Check back later this week to see how he surprised me and how he made the day extra special! 
The ferris wheel at the Irvine Spectrum, $5 per person
You can see all the way to LA on a clear day
I forgot I'm scared of heights 
View from our apartments. Surrounded by mountains
Spending a lot of time at the hot tub
My favorite street in Anaheim. I miss Penn State!
K'ya Bistro Bar at Laguna Beach. Great tapas restaurant.
My favorite part about living here 
Laguna Beach sunset
The farmers market at UC Irvine. It is HUGE! Come early
Make sure to bring cash
You can get fresh produce, protein, eggs, milk, and flowers. All grown locally
Slater's 50/50 Burgers. You can customize your own delicious burger
And top it off with a wide selection of beers
Can't wait to tell you all about my 15 hour anniversary day full of surprises. I absolutely love it here!
XoXo,
Valerie 

No comments:

Post a Comment