Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Exciting Update... Where to Next?

I've been promising an exciting update for a while now and here it is!

After living in Dallas for a little over a year, it is official... we're moving again. This time we will be relocating to... drum roll please... Los Angeles California at the end of February! This move is exciting, sad, and terrifying all at same time. We've really come to love living in Dallas, and I've grown really comfortable here. I have a great job that I love and was about to start to pursue my Master's degree in Education. We've also made great friends here in Dallas. Moving will mean giving all that up, but who doesn't want to live in sunny Southern California for 6 months?! It's going to be more like a vacation. Take me somewhere with water and a beach, and I'll be happy. My cousin Corrine and I always dreamed about living in LA when we were kids after watching Laguna Beach and The Hills on MTV. I never thought it would actually happen. I can now officially say that I will be an Orange County resident! Is this my real life? 

My boyfriend's company gave us very short notice about moving, so we are still trying to work out all the details such as where we are going to live and how we are going to get our stuff there. I am a total worrywart so not knowing where we are going to live in a few weeks is stressful. I've just been trying to remain calm and realize that everything will work out. It always does. 

When we moved to Dallas a year ago, my boyfriend was already here so he could easily go look at apartments before signing the lease. Finding a place to live this time has been much harder... almost impossible. We don't know the area, everything is so expensive, and every apartment gets terrible reviews on yelp.com. The thought of signing a lease before ever even seeing the apartment or location scares me. I've never been to LA before, but I know there are some sketchy areas and have heard horror stories. I am relying strictly on online reviews to determine if an apartment is worth looking into further. I've been overwhelmed by the number of apartments to search through all to find nothing that I love. I can admit that I am high maintenance and have been spoiled by our beautiful apartment here. I refuse to live in a place that doesn't have granite counter tops, walk-in closet, and washer/dryer in the unit. On the other hand, it is hard to find a nice one bedroom apartment for less than $2,000 a month. 

This move came on so fast that I haven't even had time to find a moving company to get our stuff out there. I've been working on canceling our services here such as our renters insurance, gym membership, cable/internet, and electricity. Right now this is as much of an update as I can give. When we finally decide on an apartment and work out some more details (hopefully this weekend) I will be sure to update. If anyone is familiar with the LA area I would love to hear input about where a good place to live is or what I have to do when I finally get to LA.

XoXo,
Valerie  

1. State College, PA 2. Dallas, TX 3. Los Angeles, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment