Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Official Update

Well it is official...we are moving to...drumroll please... Dallas, Texas! My boyfriend found out last night that he will be starting in the treasury department beginning February 4th. Although I would have been happy anywhere, I was secretly hoping for Dallas since I am currently in Pennsylvania dealing with this cold winter. Goodbye snow and hello tanning! My boyfriend's family is also currently living in Dallas, so it will be nice to have some family close by. We have decided that my boyfriend will fly back to Philadelphia and drive with me in my car back out to Dallas. 24 hours is a long drive to do by yourself. Luckily I have the best boyfriend who is wiling to drive with me even though he is already in Dallas. It looks like I will be leaving for Texas the end of January. 

Looking for places to live while being 1,200 miles away can be stressful, but lucky for us my boyfriend is able to check out all the places we are interested in. We think we found the perfect place and the perfect deal! This place comes furnished which is what we wanted since moving furniture all over the country is not something I am interested in. Check out our new place (hopefully!):

http://www.mansionsatsunsetridge.com/floorplan.asp?FPID=38400


360 View
Outside 
Hello Texas weather!
Gym time!! 
How beautiful is this kitchen?!
Anybody who knows me, knows I love any kind of water. This is perfect! 
Second pool
The great thing about the company my boyfriend has been hired by is that every time we relocate, they give us a check to cover the moving expenses. We won't be getting that relocation check until the end of January/start of February so moving in is contingent on that. Also, I am still waiting to get back our security deposit from our last apartment. Hopefully that comes soon as well. Moving is so expensive! We need to pay for his flight back here, gas, hotel, and food for the drive down, having our storage unit shipped to Dallas, application fees, renter's insurance, security deposit, and first month's rent. 

I can't wait to be reunited with my love and start this next chapter of our lives in Dallas. It is exciting to finally know where we are going after all this time! I just want to sign a lease, move down South, and have a home of my own again. As soon as I find out more information I will be sure to update! If anyone is from the Dallas area and would like to share information with me about living or what I HAVE to do while there, it would be much appreciated! 



Our Moving Map, Next stop Dallas, TX! 
Another update 1/21:
It's official! I am leaving for Dallas on Saturday the 26th! I am really excited, but also nervous, scared, and sad to leave my family. My boyfriend is flying in to Philadelphia on Thursday (thank god! I miss him!) and we will be packing up my car and driving back to Dallas together. 

I didn't realize just how much there is to do before even moving into our new apartment! We had to fill out our applications, book his plane ticket, open a new bank account, open an electric account, open a cable/internet account, get renter's insurance, etc. It has been kind of stressful, but we are getting through it together. Can't wait to update you all once we get into our new apartment! 

4 comments:

  1. That's really nice place Valerie!!! I have relatives in Dallas. I'm planning to go visit some time soon. I love the weather there. What your parents think about leaving your state and living so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents are sad I'm leaving, but excited about the opportunity I have to travel the country. What have you done in Dallas while you were there in the past? I can't wait to get into Dallas weather. It's currently 18 degrees where I am right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah! I know I'm from Princeton NJ! Here is really cold as well! Well in Dallas I've been at some bars, restaurants with my cousins... Nothing really different of NJ. You're probably in tx already!! I can't wait for updates! By the way... How can I follow your blog? I'm looking for this option and I can't find. Because that way I get emails telling me when you have a new post. Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lived really close to Princeton NJ while I was PA! I just got to Dallas last night and its beautiful. When I left PA it was 18 and here its 75! I think I had to upgrade to google plus in order for people to follow my blow. Let me know if it worked! Thanks again and I'll be updating my blog soon as we get settled in our new apartment!

    ReplyDelete